Tuesday, August 31, 2010

groundbreaking study

New research conducted by Polish dermatologists, Drs. Hugh Gzitski and Poppa Pimpsky, has revealed that commuting is a definite cause of adult acne in patients who drive more than an hour a day.

See pictorial evidence from a selection of their study subjects:



Here is the data from their study:



Suggested causes for this positive correlation:

  • Dehydration from excessive caffeine intake and regular coffee peeing
  • Excessive cell phone usage and related build-up of acne-causing bacteria
  • Elevated levels of stress hormones caused by buttheads who should have their licenses revoked
  • Increased mindless picking during traffic jams
  • and finally, lack of sufficient time at home between commutes to maintain regular hygiene habits.


I don't know about you, but I find this to be truly eye-opening.

And I published it on the internet, so it must be true.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. Creepy.

    I'm lucky that my commute (both to work and to class) are only about fifteen minutes, maybe twenty. A girl in one of my classes has a two and a half hour one on some days though. Yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Sadako - consider yourself lucky. I'd prefer a short commute to blog fodder any day!

    ReplyDelete