Wednesday, August 18, 2010

ugh

So just when I thought I was in a hopelessly good mood long-lasting enough to thoroughly and perhaps permanently constipate my sarcasm and disdain, the clouds quite literally descended upon me.


Now, we have already discussed my amazement and frustration with regards to how folks who live in a state with regular precipitation experience selective driving amnesia when the first big drops splatter across the windshield; however, not one of these folks can begin to top the driver I had the pleasure of steering clear from yesterday evening.

I shall refer to him as “The Tread-less Wonder.”

The Tread-less Wonder had Florida plates. Doesn’t it rain almost daily in Florida? Aren’t there hurricanes in Florida? Doesn’t driver education in Florida (like everywhere else) address driving in poor conditions?

Perhaps not. Perhaps I’ve been misinformed. Surely I missed my opportunity to ask The Tread-less Wonder these very important questions on one of the THREE occasions he pulled off into the shoulder, and then proceeded to veer back into the lane cutting me off each time. There I was trying to brace myself for the repeated onslaught of tsunamis splashed up by my neighboring SUVs and Gutless here couldn’t decide whether or not to even stay on the road.

Nothing makes me crabbier than people who can’t maintain their speed and who hesitate.

I shake my head in disgust.

No comments:

Post a Comment