Friday, August 27, 2010

showdown

So...there I was going 80 up the parkway. (That's about 25 over...I hang my head in feigned shame.) I was in the left lane passing people (cuz that's what you're supposed to do when you're in the left lane) who were going about 75.

Anyway, this d-bag is some fancy new glorified station wagon decides to crawl up my butt and be pissed that I'm only going 80. There's not really any space for me to pull into the center lane and I'm not going to risk 85 just to appease him, so I hang with the traffic and feel like I'm doing the world a justice by giving him his well-deserved time-out.

Apparently, he disagreed. As soon as he found a break in the center lane, he pulled in and raced around me. Laying on his horn the whole time.

Now I can respect that this dude was in a hurry. I don't even mind that he cut me off. But there is nothing more infuriating than a guy who uses his horn to telegraph the Morse code for eff you. Seriously, what does that achieve?

Isn't the horn supposed to be used to alert and warn? Like, "hey, I'm here, probably shouldn't merge into my front bumper" TOOT, TOOT! Or maybe dude was warning me. Maybe he wanted to take it out to the rest area parking lot and have a good ol' fashioned showdown.

I'm not scared: I'll O.K.-Corral his ass back to drivers ed where he can learn about proper horn usage.


That is, if his speeding off at 90 in front of me didn't land him there anyway!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, like when some asshole tailgates you very CLOSELY like it will make the FIVE cars in front of you go faster. I mean seriously, do you really think I am going to ride their asses just to make you feel like you are doing something? Hell NO! I am not taking a chance of them slamming their brakes on and me not stopping in time, kind of like what I am about to do to you. Yes, its time for Mama to get a new car.

    Oh how I wish everyone knew about driving like you and I, Crabby Commuter.....what a fabulous world.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is so aggravating!!! Like, do you want me to just hitch you to my bumper? Save you on some gas while we're at it?

    ReplyDelete