Thursday, July 1, 2010

highway of the living dead

Yesterday evening it was pointed out to me that I tailgate, not so much that I couldn't brake quickly, but enough to annoy my passenger.

Then this morning, as I was cruising along I noticed it again. I really was tailgating. Why had I never noticed this before?

I looked around me: to my right, to my left, even to the rear. EVERYONE was tailgating. I suspect that most morning commuters tailgate. Lulled nearly back to sleep by sun glare and talk radio, we somehow latch our mental hitches and take a ride. Our collective unconscious propels us forth - four lanes of road zombies in each direction. I imagine rest area parking lots - overridden with the sleep deprived - mirroring a rehearsal for Michael Jackson's Thriller. Morning people steer clear, we might eat you AND your aggravating little tendency to be so damn chipper.



I really have no excuse for myself. Is it the weekend yet?

No comments:

Post a Comment